Last Updated: May 7, 2019
We only collect personal information through Converge from a user under 18 where that user’s school or district (via the terms described in more detail in the Terms of Service) has obtained consent for that user to utilize Converge and disclose personal information to us, for the exclusive use and benefit of the learning environment.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Profile picture, school and district affiliation
- Demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send opt-in promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
- We may provide your information to companies we employ to perform tasks on our behalf only to the extent it is necessary to assist us.
- We will never sell your information.
- We do not use your information to allow 3rd parties to advertise using our product.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, including encrypted databases containing user information. We have strong password requirements to ensure passwords are of an appropriate complexity to protect users’ personal data.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us .
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by changing your account preferences.
- The removal of personal data is under the purview of the subscribing institution.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
CHANGES TO Third Party Relationships
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
Converge Learning Management System
c/o Edvergent Learning
2373 Palumbo Drive
Lexington, KY 40509